International Students

Not from Australia?
That's okay!

Planetshakers College is an approved delivery location of Sydney College of Divinity for international students (CRICOS Provider Code: 02948J). Once your college application is accepted you will need to apply for an Australian student visa.

English Proficiency

If English is your second language, you are required to take an English Proficiency Test to demonstrate that you are qualified to study in Australia.

This may be in the form of an IELTS/PTE/Cambridge results certificate.

Minimum test scores to enter into the first year of our program:

  • IELTS Academic (min score 5.5)
  • PTE Academic (min score 42)
  • Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)(min score 162)

You will need to book this as soon as possible to avoid delays in your application.

If you have completed five years of secondary studies or have completed a Certificate IV (or higher) in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, the USA, Canada or the Republic of Ireland within the last 2 years, you do not need to take an English Proficiency Test. You will need to provide a certified copy of your transcripts along with your college application.

Age requirement

International students must be at least 18 years old at the commencement of a tertiary course in Australia (please see the Admissions Page for semester start dates).


Melbourne’s public transport network is extensive and relatively inexpensive for students. The purchase of a myki pass permits access to all modes of transport, including trains, trams and busses. Planetshakers College is conveniently located right next to tram and bus stops. Public transport is the recommended method for reaching the campus, however, limited parking is available at a cost. Students relocating to Melbourne need not purchase a car. 


Planetshakers is not a residential college. However, there is a limited amount of student housing available on a first come, first served basis. Please contact us directly for further information.


It is the student’s responsibility to find part time or casual employment while completing College, however our staff at Planetshakers College are more than happy to assist you in preparing for job applications wherever possible.

As a student of Planetshakers College, you will have three available working days for part-time employment. It is strongly encouraged that students find employment to help fund their living expenses. International students on a student visa can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight while college is “in session”, and unlimited hours when college is not in session.

Confirmation of Enrolment

To obtain a student visa you will need a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) from Sydney College of Divinity. Once your application is accepted by Planetshakers College and the required fees have been paid, we will issue you with a COE as part of your Acceptance Letter.

Medical and travel insurance

All international students are required to provide proof of a health insurance cover (Overseas Student Health Cover – OSHC) while they are a resident in Australia. We recommend Medibank Private’s OSHC policy, however, as we cannot provide specific advice in this area. Incoming students are encouraged to do their own research

Planetshakers College
129 Whiteman Street
Southbank VIC 3006

PO Box 5171
South Melbourne VIC 3205

Ask us now!

In partnership with

Sydney College of Divinity
Provider Name: Sydney College Divinity

CRICOS Provider Name: Sydney College Divinity

CRICOS Provider Code: 02948J

Provider ID: PRV12045

Contact Us