This policy outlines the responsible use of internet and email facilities provided by Planetshakers for all Planetshakers College Students. It outlines the rules, responsibilities and procedures for appropriate internet and email use, in particular security, privacy, confidentiality and preventing inappropriate material being downloaded or sent that may offend or insult.
This policy is based on the following principles:
- The information technology resources of Planetshakers are provided to support the teaching, research and administrative activities of Planetshakers College students
- Authorised Planetshakers College students are granted access to valuable Church resources, sensitive data and to external networks on the basis that their use of IT resources shall be responsible, ethical and lawful at all times;
- Authorised users are required to observe Church policy, and Australian or other local laws which may apply;
- Data and information relating to persons and other confidential matters acquired for business purposes shall be protected;
- All Planetshakers information shall be protected from unauthorised and / or accidental disclosure; and Planetshakers IT resources must not under any circumstances be used to humiliate, intimidate, offend or vilify others on the basis of their race, gender, or any other attribute prescribed under anti-discrimination legislation.
Unauthorised or inappropriate use of internet or email facilities must be reported to the PS College Operations Manager and/or the Office of the Chief Operating Officer immediately. Planetshakers College Students who fail to comply with these rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Under this policy, all Planetshakers College activities include research and educational tasks that may be found via the Internet. This applies to all Planetshakers College students;
- Select a secure password for your planetshakerscollege.com.au account. Ensure that you do not share your password and also log off after using a public computer (eg. volunteer laptops).
- Suspicious or malicious websites are to be reported to the IT Manager and / or Chief Operating Officer immediately
Internet & Network Facilities
- Planetshakers reserves the right to monitor, log and / or restrict College email and Internet access as a result of prior breaches of this policy.
- The equipment, services and technology used to access the internet are the property of Planetshakers and Planetshakers reserves the right to monitor Internet traffic and monitor and access data that is composed, sent or received through its online connections;
- Only managed or authorised devices and computers are permitted to connect to the Planetshakers IT network;
- Planetshakers College Students are expressly prohibited from accessing, displaying, generating or storing any material that is sexually explicit, offensive and discriminatory or contains profanities.
Email (Google Suite) Facilities
- The use of all email and related functions (Google Suite ie. Google Drive, Calendar, etc.) is for the use of Planetshakers College related purposes only. Personal business is not to be carried out using Planetshakers systems. All documents created or results of network activity conducted during normal work hours and with the Planetshakers’ resources remain the property of Planetshakers;
- Planetshakers College reserves the right to monitor, log and / or restrict student email and Internet access as a result of prior breaches of this policy;
- Suspicious or malicious emails are to be reported to the PS College Operations Manager, the IT Manager and / or Chief Operating Officer immediately;
- Access to the Planetshakers Systems is subject to approval by Planetshakers Staff and in accordance with Planetshakers Volunteer application and approval processes. Planetshakers College students will not be granted access to the Planetshakers Systems without the appropriate documentation and approval processes.
- Software downloads and installation are strictly prohibited without the express permission of the IT Manager;
- All Planetshakers College students are responsible for all IT Equipment (ie. laptops, printing equipment, etc.) that has been borrowed / loaned. Any loss or damage incurred during the use of this equipment will be the responsibility of the person.
Unacceptable use of the Planetshakers Internet Policy includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Access to sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic, unlawful, violent or otherwise illegal material;
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via Planetshakers College email service or when referencing Planetshakers.;
- Using Planetshakers equipment to perpetrate any form of fraud, and / or software, film or music piracy;
- Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization;
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization;
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization;
- Hacking into unauthorized websites;
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to Planetshakers or Planetshakers College, its products/services, staff and/or guests and/or contractors;
- Introducing malicious software onto Planetshakers network and/or jeopardising the security of the organisation’s electronic communications systems;
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to business purposes or activities; and
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the organisation
THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER must:
- Implement disciplinary procedures when there is abuse of the internet or email; and
- Monitor Internet and email usage.
MANAGERS AND PLANETSHAKERS STAFF must:
- Implement and review this policy;
- Understand the policy and their roles and responsibilities;
PLANETSHAKERS COLLEGE STUDENTS must:
- Comply with the rules of this policy;
- Participate in training that relates to this policy; and
- Inform your Manager and / or the Office of Chief Operating Officer of inappropriate emails that are received. All suspicious internet and email activity must also be reported;
For the purpose of this Agreement, the following definitions apply:
‘Planetshakers’ means Planetshakers College and Planetshakers Ministries International and Planetshakers City Church and entities related to Planetshakers and premises at which the Internship and College experience is undertaken as directed from time to time.
‘Volunteer’ means a person who has applied for appointment in the capacity as Volunteer within Planetshakers without remuneration.
‘Confidential Information’ means:
(a) personal information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or opinion whether it is true or not;
(b) Any information that Planetshakers determines as confidential;
(c) Any information not in the public domain and not available upon request that nevertheless allows an individual or entity to be identified in circumstances where such information should be treated as confidential;
(d) Any information or Material which can be immediately identified or potentially identified as confidential;
(e) All information including, but not limited to, written or electronic records or information conveyed verbally, photographs and/or video/audio recordings
IT IS AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
- The parties to this agreement acknowledge that the issues of privacy and the protection of confidential information are significant to the operation and integrity of Planetshakers and its reputation and any failure to strictly honour the terms of this Agreement may at the sole and unfettered discretion of Planetshakers give rise to legal action.
- The volunteer agrees that the obligation to maintain confidentiality continues following the completion of any voluntary role undertaken in Planetshakers and continues to apply following the completion of the volunteer’s role for so long as Planetshakers in its absolute discretion may determine.
- The Volunteer agrees as follow:
(a) To comply with policies and procedures of Planetshakers relating to the management and dissemination of confidential information;
(b) Not disclose confidential information to any third party without obtaining the prior written permission of Planetshakers;
(c) Not to use confidential information for any purpose other than as advised by the supervising staff member or other authorised officer of Planetshakers;
(d) Not to remove files, forms and/or confidential information from the premises of Planetshakers without the prior written approval of the supervising staff member or other authorised officer of Planetshakers;
(e) Not make copies of confidential information and save where it is required to undertake task as requested by the supervising staff member;
(f) To strictly comply with all directions given by the supervising staff member from time to time and concerning the handling of confidential information
- On the completion of the voluntary role the volunteer agrees to immediately return to Planetshakers all copies of confidential information in his/her possession.
- Neither this agreement nor the exchange of confidential information pursuant to this agreement confers any rights upon the volunteer in relation to any confidential information. Ownership of the rights in relation to the confidential information remains the property of Planetshakers and no licence, right of use or other entitlement is granted to the Intern/Volunteer other than strictly in accordance with this Agreement
- On the day the volunteer’s role is completed or terminated either verbally or in writing, the volunteer shall return to Planetshakers all copies of confidential information, including extracts or other materials derived from it which contain confidential information.
- The Volunteer acknowledges his/her responsibilities concerning the issues of privacy and confidentiality referred herein and the need to abide strictly by the terms of this agreement. He/she acknowledges that a breach of this agreement on his/her part will have consequences for Planetshakers in respect of its obligations to other individuals/entities. The Volunteer acknowledges that prior to the signing/agreement hereof he/she has received, or has been given the opportunity to receive, independent legal advice in respect to the terms of this agreement.
- This Agreement shall be constructed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria.
The parties have hereunto set their hands and seals on the day first herein before referred on the enrolment form.
The Planetshakers College experience will have times where it will be captured in photographs, video and audio. Planetshakers reserves the right to use the material for promotional purposes. I understand it is a condition of all students and applicants that all claims are waived in relation to inclusion of their likeness in such films or recordings. If I am a parent/guardian, I give my consent for my child to be captured on photographic, video and audio media.
129 Whiteman Street
Southbank VIC 3006
PO Box 5171
South Melbourne VIC 3205
+61 3 9896 7999
+61 490 554 179 (Whatsapp)
Got a question?